My kinda rock

My kinda rock
Why not try? Doesn't hurt.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm not Rapunzel but...

Why start this now is a question I've been asking myself. The main answer I can come up with is that it's all going to start happening soon. This summer I found that it's possible to donate hair to make wigs for cancer sufferers. Ever since I've been growing my hair so it's long enough to donate. For me this is something really important. When I was 10 one of my friends died from leukimia. She barely had any hair and she was in and out of hospital a lot. She never stopped smiling despite it all. So this I'm doing in her memory. She brought so much joy to everyone and I'd like to help some one, who like she did, is fighting a tremendous battle. My hair isn't as long as Rapunzel's so when I cut it off it'll be pretty darn short, but hey if it can make some one else smile, why not? I'll be collecting sponsorship off that as well. As far as I know it'll be happening just after Easter weekend. I'll let you know more as it unfolds.
Here's to the scissors.
The Straight Talker

No comments:

Post a Comment