My kinda rock

My kinda rock
Why not try? Doesn't hurt.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hip, hop, bunny ears flop...

So for the last while I've been following this blog about infantile spasms and epilepsy awareness called Marissa's Bunny. Now before stumbling across this blog I had no idea that such a condition existed, let alone how hard the families were effected. I'm on the other side of the world from the little girl that this is being written about but I still find I want to do what I can to help. They have recently started a foundation to help out other families where insurance companies fail. I plan, that once I have some money, to donate or maybe to buy something for Marissa off her wishlist. When it comes to donating for every $1000 they receive $27,500 is being matched by the father's employer. All the money that goes into the foundation is used for other families and not for Marissa, this is why I would also like to buy her something off the wishlist.

Problem is I'm only a 16 year old girl with out a job meaning that I can't do as much as I like. It also seems like I'm probably complaining a lot, if so I am sorry, it's just reading this story has done something to me. One might argue that every story I read touches me and I wish I could help everyone. I do know that it would be impossible for me to do so. Maybe for now I'll just set my sights on helping get this foundation off the ground and maybe giving something back to the family. The website for the blog is http://marissasbunny.com. I really wish I could help but currently I am broke but I shall keep you informed, and maybe even buy a Fairfax bunny. We'll see what happens but I know they're doing well, I know I'm most defiantly not the first person that has been touched by their story, I'm also I won't be the last either. I wish them the best of luck and my thoughts are with them.

On a separate note it seems that Kolbold1 is a little irritated at me for calling him a cynic, but in honesty it's one of the reasons I'm most glad he offered to help. He's one of the people I'm closest too, he knows how easily distracted I get and how hard I find it to commit to things. He also knows how long I've wanted to do something like this. He does however exagerate a little, I do not do that much and I owe more, I can do more. Himself and Er-Bear-Rawr have been so supportive of me doing this. It makes me wonder what I'd do with out them. I know I certainly wouldn't be sitting here writing this post nor would I have started this blog. So thank you because you've given me so much hope.
The Straight Talker

No comments:

Post a Comment