My kinda rock

My kinda rock
Why not try? Doesn't hurt.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Friendship week

This week in my school is friendship week, it's to discourage bullying and to encourage an open, healthy environment. I'm the student council chair so I'm supposed to bring ideas of activities to the table, to help lead the students by example. To be honest it's pressure that I don't particularly want or need. Every morning for the first class we're having form time to discuss issues to do with bullying and how to deal with it. My only problem is it's bringing back all those words and bruises I left behind. Now I'm left cowering in memory of the way I was once treated, the way I was broken down. How am I supposed to lead a group of teenage girls towards a more caring life style when being perfectly honest, I have trust issues. Words can haunt people, leave them broken and beaten. Whether we give up or not is what matters though. I know this week is going to be hard for me but I have two or three people who will help get me through this.

On the upside we get to make friendship bracelets all week.

I'll have the total of how much I owe (must be close to €15) up on the next blog post.

The Straight Talker

No comments:

Post a Comment